It is the policy of AB Software LLC to respect the intellectual property of others and thus to respond to effective notices of alleged infringement of copyrighted material where (i) the copyrighted material is available at, or from, a system or network controlled or operated by or for AB SOFTWARE LLC by providing or using an information location tool, such as a directory, index, reference, pointer, or hypertext link, refers or links a third party to a site that contains the copyrighted material.
If you are alleging that copyrighted material may have been or is being infringed, then you may notify AB SOFTWARE LLC, pursuant to the U.S. Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512 (c), by sending a notice to the address listed below. Such notice must include the following to be effective:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit AB SOFTWARE LLC to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit AB SOFTWARE LLC to contact you such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If material that you have posted to a system or network controlled or operated by or for AB SOFTWARE LLC has been removed or disabled, you may file a counter notice pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512 (g). To be effective, the counter notice must be a written communication sent to the address listed below that includes the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located or, if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which AB SOFTWARE LLC may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection 17 U.S.C. §512 (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
DESIGNATED AGENT FOR ALL NOTICES, INCLUDING COUNTER NOTICES
All written notices should be sent to the following Designated Agent:
Designated Agent: William J. Sanderson
Address of Designated Agent: 1775 E. Palm Canyon Dr. Ste 110 - PMB
271, Palm Springs, CA 92264
Email address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number of Designated Agent: (415) 868 4199 x22
Manage your Bulletin Board Feature
If you want to totally disable the BB feature, go to the EDIT OPTIONS page from the My BigMuscle page and set the "display the Bulletin Board feature on your profile page" option to NO.
If you only want some of them to show up, you can pick and choose which ones you want to be displayed if you do not disable the BB feature as state above.
Comments are defaulted to be displayed when they are entered in, If you want the option to approve what is displayed then set the approve comments before display to YES.
MAC OSx - Video Chat 101
Here is the 101 course for Video chat/recording for the MAC
If you can make it into the chat room and you know your camera is working. Then if your camera is not working while in chat, then do the following.
From the main chat room window, click on the gear icon in the upper right of the page. It will go into setting, Once there click on the A/V tab and on that screen select the USB Video Driver. Mac installs 3 video driver and I have found that only the USB Video driver works.
If you want to look at somebody's video stream, From the list on the right of the page, click on the WEB CAM icon next to their name, If you click on their name you get options to view their profile, send a private, .... option. You need to click on the WEB CAM icon to view their video. Once the video is docked in the video bar, You can click the + sign next to the name to free it up and make it display bigger on the screen. To move it back to the video var click on the - sign in the bar on the top of the little window, or the X to close it all together. To make it smaller click on the - just above the CAM ICON on the left of the popup window.
Those tend to be the questions people ask the first time around. Let us know if we can be of more help.
What do I do if I receive an offensive Short Message?
If you receive a short message from another member, that you take offense to. DO NOT reply to that message, just send them a message back saying "Please do not contact me anymore" and nothing else. If they continue to send you three or more short messages and you DO NOT reply, let us know and we can take action to resolve the problem. Remember, the key here is to not reply. If both parties continue to reply back and forth to each other and ask us for assistance, we will lock out both profiles.
We do not have a block feature and over the 10 years have figured out if you don't reply 99.9% of them will stop messaging you. That 0.1% we can deal with on a per case basis.
Somebody sent me a note saying they saw that I looked at their profile. How did they do that or how do they know?
If you are a supporting member of the site, there is a feature you get that gives you a list of other members that have viewed your profile page. The list will hold about 30 days worth of profiles then they fall off the system. You can go to the DONATE page and then the What Do You Get page to read all about the extra features you get by making a ONCE A YEAR donation.
When does a new day start?
A new day starts at 12:00 PST/PDT time (or Palm Springs time) Since I run the servers from Palm Springs, California its what works best for us.
When posting photos or updating your account. The counter gets reset at midnight Pacific time.
How do I get my profile to the top of the Profile list
If you are a regular member, you can update your profile to the top of the list once a day. This includes selecting a new profile photo or actually making a text change to your profile. Adding or deleting photos is not considered a profile change for the profile list page. To know if you made a change or not, look at your profile and you will see a date and time in the Last Update field That is the date and time of your last update, If its today, then you made your change for the day.
If you support the site. then you can make that change once every 60 minutes. or another way to say it. 60 minutes from the Last Update date and time. So if its timed correctly you can make 24 updates a day when you are a supporting member.
I can't login
1. Check your id and password are correct. To resend your id password to your listed profile email address; goto 'My BigMuscle' menu, select 'I Forgot my Password', type in your email address listed in your profile (any other email address will not work). Within 15 minutes you will have your id and password.
2. Check that your profile is not locked out. When you log in, it will display the error message as to why it was locked out, or if you request your password it will give you the reason your profile is currently locked out.
3. Sometime browser cache or cookies get mixed up and need to be cleared, follow the below steps depending on your browser type;
Clearing Cache and Cookies for Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the "Start" button.
2. Select "Settings" and click on "Control Panel".
3. Double-click on the Internet (or Internet Options) and select the "General" tab.
4. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click on the "Settings" button and choose "View Files".
5. Click on "Edit" and select "Select All".
6. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. If prompted to delete your cookies, click on "Yes".
Clearing Cache and Cookies for Internet Explorer on a Macintosh:
1. Click on "Explorer" or "Edit" at the top of your screen.
2. Click on "Preferences".
3. Under Web Browser Preferences click on "Advanced".
4. Click on the "Empty Now" button on the right.
5. Click "OK".
6. Under "Receiving Files" Preferences click on "Cookies".
7. Click on the "Delete" button to the right.
8. Click "OK".
Clearing Cache and Cookies for Netscape on Microsoft Windows or Macintosh:
1. Open Netscape and select the "Edit" pull down menu.
2. Select "Preferences".
3. Click on "Advanced" on the left hand side of the screen and then "Cache". You will see an option to clear your disk and memory cache. It is best to clear both types of cache.
4. You may also need to locate the folder on your hard drive named "Cookies" or "Magic Cookies" and delete the cookies that are stored here.
Once you have cleared the cookies you will need to restart your machine and re-login.
What to do if I have a broken image in my profile
The images can take a few minutes to be processed. If you wait and refresh your browser your photo will show up.
How do I take my Profile off for a short period of time
On the MY BIGMUSCLE page, you will see under the Profile Management a heading called YOUR PROFILE IS: If you click the word under it, (It will either be ON LINE or OFF LINE) a popup will be displayed, If you click the LINK in the popup, you will toggle your profile on or off.
How do I delete my profile off the system for good.
You can get your profile and all its information deleted from the system by sending an e-mail to us.
Click on CONTACT then use the e-mail address or the FEEDBACK link. Provide us with your PROFILE NAME and the PASSWORD on the account. This way we know its really you and not a "Friend" asking for your profile to be deleted. We will e-mail you back when we have deleted the profile.
You never answer my emails.
We answer 100% of email we recieve. If you don't get an answer back from us either you have our email address blocked or you gave us a bad email address for you..
How do I SEE the E-Mail address on a PROFILE
On the profile page. You will now see three characters followed by an input field and a button. Just rekey the three letters into the field and click the GET EMAIL button. You will be displayed with the e-mail address of the user.
How do I add profiles to my I LIKE list?
You must be logged in to your account, then, when you view a profile you will see an I LIKE button under their proifle photo. If you click this button that profile will be added to your I LIKE list. To remove people from your I LIKE list go to My BigMuscle page and click Remove I LIKES
You will NEVER see an I LIKE button on your own profile. I figure most guys like themselves so they don't need to add themselves to their own I LIKE list. Everybody else can see the I LIKE button on your profile.
I received mail from the site or mail with a funny attachment.
Will not send out unsolicited email or email's with attachments to you. Some users have viruses on their computer system. The virus sends out emails with modified "from" names found in their address book.. If you receive email from us with an attachment, don't open it, delete the email. It most likely was sent by a users infected computer and not from our servers.
I forgot my User Name and or Password can you help me?
On the My BigMuscle page there is I FORGOT link where you enter your e-mail address, the system will e-mail you your User Name and PassWord.
Andy/Bill, thanks for the web site, do you have a profile on the site?
How do I find all the profiles that live in _____ ?
Click on Search in the navigation bar. Then enter your City, State or Country and click the SEARCH button on the bottom of the page. You can add in other search criteria once you know you have a group of guys found. Less is more, so start with less of the fields filled in and slowly add in other search criteria.
How can I change my User Name?
Supporting members can change their profile name. On the My BigMuscle page In the Support Extra Functions section there is an option called Change User ID. If you click on that you can select a new profile name for your account. You can only change your ID 3 times per month.
How do I contact a Member with a Private email address?
If you send us an e-mail with photos of you attached, we will forward it on to the member. Just include in the first line.
Please forward to profile _____________
We will only forward e-mails that have a photo of you attached. We do not share Private emails, or forward messages without photos.
My Email Changed and I cannont get my password?
We need a photo of you holding your profile name to verify that you are the owner of the profile.
Then we can change the email and resend the password.
How to Create a Profile?
To create a profile ... please click the Free Profile words on the first page of the site.
How can I change my E-Mail address?
You can change your E-Mail address by using the Change E-Mail page. It will send you an e-mail to the new address, Once you receive the e-mail you can come back to the Verify E-Mail page and enter in the verification number. Once done, your e-mail address will be changed on your profile.
I haven't been to the site in a week, how do I find the NEW members?
Click on the Profiles navigation link, hover your mouse over the PROFILES tab on the Profiles Page, under the tab a few options will show up, one of them is the NEW MEMBERS option, move your mouse and click on the NEW MEMBERS options to display the list. Andy's